FCS Core Values
THE CORE VALUES OF
FAITH CHRISTIAN SCHOOL
1. The education received at FCS will be founded on the Bible. The Bible is God's truth, and anything contrary to it can be labeled as false. This does not mean that the Bible is the only source of truth, but it is the final authority. The Bible is not a history or science book, but when it speaks on these subjects it is 100% accurate. It is, however, the only source of truth in relation to salvation, God's nature and Christian living.
2. FCS is an inter-denominational School. Faith Christian School is not controlled by a church or denomination. Students attending FCS come from a variety of denominations. The school board is also varied in its denominational make-up. We believe this is a key part of education as students learn to work with those who may believe differently than they do about some of the finer areas of doctrine. Students and teachers are expected to respect denominational differences and practice unity with diversity.
3. Teachers will be those who have trusted Christ as Lord and Savior, and who demonstrate their faith consistently. In order for education to be truly Christian, Christian teachers who have a thoroughly Christian philosophy of education must administer it. The Bible says that when children mature they will be like their teachers. (Luke 6:40) The teacher is the "living curriculum" in the classroom, and they must model the Christian life consistently.
4. Faith Christian School serves Christian families or individuals. We are a ministry to the Christian home. At least one parent or guardian must profess Christ as Savior and be faithful in church attendance. It is only then that we can assist the home in training their children. (Proverbs 22:6) In grades 7-12, students must also be believers who attend their church regularly.
5. Faith Christian School will strive to offer the best academic preparation to its students. We will make every effort to offer the classes that the students need in order to be prepared for God's next call on their lives. There may be limitations due to student abilities, facilities and finances, but we will continually make it a priority to offer the best training possible.
6. Parents have the primary responsibility for the education of their children. "And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. -You shall teach them diligently to your children and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up." Deuteronomy 6:6-7. This clearly puts the responsibility of Godly training on the parents. Since this training or education with a Biblical world view is not done in the public schools of America, the Christian school exists to assist parents in training their children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord." (Ephesians 6:4) F.C.S. will always respect the parent's authority in their child's education. This authority also necessitates the responsibility of parents to assist their children in areas of spiritual, physical, social and academic weakness.
7. The day to day operations of F. C. S. are carried out by Biblical principles of integrity and stewardship. F.C.S. is committed to Biblical principles in its dealings with students, parents, other schools and in its financial responsibilities.
8. F. C. S. will strive for an atmosphere of love and respect among our school family. "As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good to all men, especially unto those who are of the household of faith." Galatians 6:10 Differences in appearance, race, social status, finances or academic ability will be handled without "respect of persons" (James 2:1-9). Differing opinions in the finer areas of doctrine (see #I) will be treated with respect.